Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rhythmic Editing

Which is about as rhythmic as having a siezure. We should seriously put some Epilepsy warnings up before we screen these. I was planning on just doing about half of it but once I got through the first minute I was on a roll and I figured I might as well knock it out. I used more of a narrative format and did not use the same cycle twice throughout. I had enough footage to go straight from point A to point B without repeating any of it. I hope I didn't break any rules by doing that. I had a lot of fun doing it since I love to edit stuff, I just don't usually have stuff to edit. Kristen was a great sport throughout this project and gave a nice performance. That gave me plenty of footage to work with. I wanted to lay down an audio track to helf spice up the video a little since it would have been quite boring on its own. I think it just adds another dimension to it. Since the length of the video was considerable shorter than the song I chose I had to do extensive sound editing to cut it down to the parts that I wanted, while still flowing and seeming like nothing changed. The song has repititious beats that build and progress throughout, so I just chopped off some of the length of each beat addition. I guess it is easier to see and hear than to explain. I am not sure what Kristen will be having me do, but after what she did for me, I am at her mercy. Fun times.

No comments: