Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Last Week

Last Thursday's animation went really well. I hope that everything turns out well with the film. We came into it with a general idea of what we wanted but really had no idea how we were going to do it. We didn't really play around too much with the different planes, we just stayed on the top. Once we got rolling everything went by really fast. I estimate that we probably shot about a minute of footage just making the story up as we went along. Gigi came up with a great idea for the car crash and we mutilated a couple of cars along the way. A lot of our time was spent fighting with the playdough trying to get it to stand up straight. We finally just taped the thumbtack in the little hole since we kept losing it on the floor. Our floam started melting under the lights and gave us a fun time as well. Once we edit it together it should be pretty cool. We went to another set up for a close up but I'm not sure how it will turn out. I think we might have tried to get too close...we'll see. Now we just have to come up with a soundtrack to go along with it.

In other news, Kristen and I finally finished the elements project. We saved the fun stuff until last...not really. We bleached a pattern into a few seconds of one of our spools and we finished up another with some inking. Tomorrow we are going to try to splice all of this together and get it on the spool. I just really hope that Our magazine transfer strips don't come off in the projector. A couple of them are getting loose from all of the winding and unwinding. Last time we projected something the projector ate it so hopefully we will ave better luck this time. We have to see our masterpiece at least once. I also hope that our animations look pretty cool. We did four different ones so we have options if one of them sucks.

I am looking forward to next week as well when we develop the film. I developed film in a still photography course back in high school so I am looking forward to seeing if the process is similar to that. If I remember correctly the chemicals don't smell very pleasant, but then again they are chemicals. I suppose that is the week where we will turn the classroom into a darkroom. Sorry I hadn't blogged in a while, last week was Nuts with a capital "N".

No comments: