Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Developing

The developing that we did last class was almost identical to the process that we used in high school. It brought back a lot of memories...mostly bad. I was looking forward to seeing our project but we ran out of time since we were so busy multitasking. I liked all of the other groups projects that we saw. It was neat to see some of the techniques that they used. I wish we would have tried some of them but I guess you can't think of everything. I saw some of the same techniques that we used so we know that it will look pretty good. Skip's group use the same ink that we did and is showed well on film, so that is one less thing that we have to worry about.

The caffenol was an interesting experiment. Its good to know that I can make a developer out of household products. I don't drink coffee so at least there is some use for it. It didn't work as well as the chemicals but at least there was an image on the film. Its too bad you had such a hard time finding that washing powder.

I am looking forward to the project tht we are doing on Thursday. I am not sure what kind of story that we will be able to come up with using beans, rice, and salt but I guess we can edit something together. I suppose we will be running the film through the projector and recording it on dv so that we can edit it later. Maybe it will be a snowstorm. Not much else going on in my little world.

No comments: