Monday, September 3, 2007

Second Class

The second week of class went really well. The magazine transfers went a lot better than I thought it would. I was a little skeptical that the ink would stay on the tape once the paper was rubbed away but it worked out really well. I cut the strips a little too wide to fit so they needed to be trimmed. I guess it is better to make mistakes when practicing rather than screwing up a project. I'll just have to cut them thinner and probably soak them longer than I did in class.

The inking was interesting. I tried the oil both ways; putting the oil down and inking over it and inking and putting oil over it. When I inked first and then put the oil on it just seemed to smear the ink anound and did not give the bubbly effect of inking over the oil. I think I prefer laying down the oil and painting the ink on top of that. That will work well with the clear leader but I guess I would have to bleach the emulsion off of the black leader in order for the ink to show up.

No comments: