Monday, September 3, 2007

Work on the Project

I never have been and probably never will be a good illustrator. My drawing skills topped out in the first grade. So that does not bode well for this animation assignment. I am drawing a simple flower and lets just say I'm glad it will only be on screen for two seconds. It may just end up looking like a blob of crap, but that can be art too. I wish that the frames were a little larger to draw the image, but it is what it is.

Kristen and I gave bleaching the black leader a shot and made a complete mess. We probably bleached about two feet of it so that we can apply ink and our animation to the roll. I think we will scratch most of the black leader to avoid the mess of bleaching.

The never ending search for ink finally ended at Staples. AC Moore only had black ink, Michaels had a nice six color pack but wanted thirty dollars, and Target and Wal-Mart are worthless. So I ended up getting some waterbased stamp pad refill ink. I hope it works as well as the ink we used in class, but if not I'll fight for the ink in Bear with everyone else.

1 comment:

Six X. One said...

The flower looked good, when I saw it. I think you may be pleased with how it shows on film.